Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I like things Extremely Loud & Amazingly Close

Just saw this movie, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I tried to read he book, but it was really abstract and not my style, so I put it down after page 100-200 or so. I have a fascination with 9/11. I used my brand new college T1 internet connection to do two things: find good live Shakira performances to download, lyrics to her songs so that I could sing along, and score through tens of dozens of pages of message threads by 9/11 families and friends.  


What's amazing to me is when you try to look at something and feel even a tenth of what people are going through. You think of one of their mornings, and maybe how hard it is to sleep, or go back to work, or even get directions right. You feel only the tenth cuz you don't know how to feel much more and it wasn't your dad or mom in the towers, but it feels so bad. Then the tenth is incredible. How does the heart even feel this? How? How do you act when you get the news and how do you act after ten years? Do you spin in circles or stare for hours or think about nothing and build shrines or pet the dog? I can't imagine loss sometimes. It makes me think how crazy life is, how it's going to be and that I'm only 30 and there will be much more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment