Saturday, May 5, 2012

Guess what Lonny and I did late saturday night???

Yes, this is the PG-13 version! Geez you pervs, why did you think of all that other gross stuff first?! Why didn't you initially think that maybe we did something wholesome, like climb a tall mountain or make kombucha from scratch?! Cuz your a dirrrty person, you are! For shame! And this is why you read my blog, hahaha! 


Anyhow, we went to a bass show on Sunset boulevard. It was fanTASTIC! But we thought it was going to end at 4am, but it ended at 2am, and we weren't ready for that! boo. 

Lonny and I walked Sunset, but found it very different than Hollywood boulevard. Empty, way dead. Too posh in some parts for our pleasures.

Also. Casually snuck into an apartment complex and put our feet in the pool. Ooooo, we're so bad!!! But these are the memorable moments, folks. We found ourselves just a few feet from historic Sunset boulevard, the legendary Chateau Marmont, the Comedy Store, and the House of Blues . . . in this 1970s dinky apartment complex with a pool in the middle, glowing, inviting, very still . . . The place was just as dead as the boulevard. I know it was 2:30am, but this is saturday night in West Hollywood. I just thought it was eerie. As if we'd gone back in time. The place did look right out of 1974. I figured they all paid about $1500 a month just for a crappy studio here, just to be on Sunset. 

This is no novella about West Hollywood debauchery and Lindsay Lohan's favorite nightclub hotspots and stumbling back to the car with a pimp cup. That night dancing with Lonny was magic. Both of us know that the other person contains mystery and danger. But. Love is being lost in whatever that other person is about. The best part is that weeks later, the glow from that pool remains. The pool that didn't belong to us, where we dared only to dip our toes.



 I just thought
Maybe we could find new ways to fall apart

But our friends are back
So let’s raise a toast

Tonight
We are young
So let’s set the world on fire
We can burn brighter than the sun

Carry me home tonight
Just carry me home tonight
Carry me home tonight
Just carry me home tonight

The world is on my side
I have no reason to run
So will someone come and carry me home tonight
The angels never arrived
But I can hear the choir
So will someone come and carry me home

Tonight
We are young
So let’s set the world on fire
We can BURN brighter than the sun


So if by the time the bar closes
And you feel like falling down
I’ll carry you home tonight



"We Are Young", Fun
        

1 comment: